If we ask, who is this man Yahshua, it leads us to some other questions.
- 1 - Did he pre-exist, that is physically exist from the beginning?
2 - Is he divine, part of a holy trinity?
3 - Was he only a man?
Many Christians do not fully understand what the church is teaching in this area. In order for us to get correct answers, we will let scripture speak for itself. If we go under the precept that Yahshua, physically existed in the beginning we run into a major problem, it opposes what the scriptures teach, and even breaks prophetic words concerning his coming. The only fact we can say with surety is in the beginning the scripture only validates that there were angels, the spirit of Elohim, that were present with YAH.
- In the beginning Elohim [Mighty ones] created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Ruach [spirit] of Elohim - Holy Angels, moved upon the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:1-2)
Elohim, or God in many English translations is defined as - rulers, judges, angels, mighty ones, divine ones. (strong's# 0430)
- But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my Right Hand, [This was said to Yahshua] until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? (Hebrews 1:13-14)
We see here Angels are Ministering Spirits. But was Yahshua a spirit?
- Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:39)
We can see here Yahshua says himself he is not a spirit, he also defines a spirit as not having flesh and bone. Remember he said this after his resurrection; He wasn't a spirit before or after his death.
Another problem we run into with the idea that Yahshua pre-existed is that He could not have without breaking the Davidic covenant. Lets sidetrack for a moment and look at this further:
- 2 Samuel 7:12,14,16
(12) When your days are filled and you rest with your fathers, I shall raise up your seed after you, who comes from your inward parts, and shall establish his reign.
(14) I am to be his Father, and he is My son. If he does perversely, I shall reprove him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.
(16) And your house and your reign are to be steadfast forever before you your throne is established forever.
This is known as the Davidic covenant, it says I shall raise up your seed after you, who comes from your inward parts (Bowls, testicles), the original Hebrew is meeh strongs #H4578 meaning:
- 1) internal organs, inward parts, bowels, intestines, belly
1a) inward parts
1b) digestive organs
1c) organs of procreation, womb
This is the covenant or binding agreement that was made between YAH and his servant David in the year 1042 BCE. Some might say this was fulfilled with King Solomon but we know King Solomon's kingdom did not last forever.
- See, the days are coming, declares YAH, when I shall raise for David? a Branch of righteousness, and a Sovereign shall reign and act wisely, and shall do right-ruling and righteousness in the earth. (Jeremiah 23:5)
This scripture is the continued prophecy related to the Davidic covenant given in 609 BCE by Jeremiah. Note, a King is coming out of David that will reign over the earth.
- He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High. And YAH Elohim shall give Him the throne of His father David?. (Luke 1:32)
The Angel Gabriel is witnessing to Mary the Davidic covenant. Again we see Yahshua will reign on His fathers throne and there will be no end to his kingdom. Lets bring all this scriptures together and present a clear message of the Davidic covenant.
- And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. I will be his Father, and he shall be my son. And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (2 Samuel 7:12,14,16)
I want to point out that it says this seed will come from the bowels or loins of David, his actual organs.
- concerning His Son, who came of the seed of David? according to the flesh, (Romans 1:3)
Now we have Paul saying that Yahshua was the seed of David in the flesh. The overall inference is that Yahshua would be of human substance not celestial substance.
- All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another of fishes, and another of birds. And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the esteem of the heavenly is truly one, and the esteem of the earthly is another (1 Corinthians 15:39-40)
- Men and brothers, let me speak boldly to you of the ancestor David?, that he died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Being a prophet, then, and knowing that Elohim had sworn with an oath to him: of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, to raise up the Messiah to sit on his throne, (Acts 2:29-30)
Peter is affirming the Davidic covenant as we have seen it in other scriptures. He is also confirming that the Messiah had to be flesh by the rule of terrestrial creation (human being) and not celestial existence.
- And having removed him, He raised up for them David? as sovereign, to whom also He gave witness and said, I have found David? the son of Yishai, a man after My own heart, who shall do all My desires. From this one's seed, according to the promise, Elohim raised up for Yisrael a Saviour, Yahshua, (Acts 13:22-23)
Paul seems to be repeating the Davidic covenant, notice he brings together Seed and Promise.
Scripture is clear, Yahshua had to be born the son of David in order to fulfill the prophecy in the Davidic covenant. We also know that this seed could not have come from Mary, since woman do not carry the seed the Men do. We also know that it was a virgin birth so the seed could not have come from a earthly male of the time such as Joseph. The scripture seem to point to the supernatural preservation of David's seed by YAH, expressly for the purpose of fulfilling what he had promised.
Think about this, talk amongst yourselves for a moment....
Lets get back on track.
- And Ruach (Holy) HaKodesh (Spirit) descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. (Luke 3:22)
Now lets look at the scriptures talking about the Messiah receiving a spirit that was sent from heaven.
- And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of YAH shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of YAH; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of YAH: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: (Isaiah 11:1-3)
Notice: The spirit provided wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, knowledge and the fear of YAH. So we see the spirit would assist in the transformation of Messiah. But is this new? No, let me show you.
- And take thou unto thee Aharon thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Yisrael, that he may minister unto me in the kohen's office, even Aharon, Nadav and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aharon's sons. And thou shalt make holy garments for Aharon thy brother for glory and for beauty. And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aharon's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the kohen's office. (Exodus 28:1-3)
There were very specific instructions for Aarons garment, so YAH sent a spirit in order to guide the hands of a man to complete His instructions.
- And YAH spake unto Moshe, saying, See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Yahudah: And I have filled him with the spirit of Elohim, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship. And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee; (Exodus 31:1- 6)
Again we see the spirit being given, to give men (Bezaleel and Aholiab) wisdom in order to properly achieve what YAH had instructed.
- Then wrought Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whom YAH put wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary, according to all that YAH had commanded. (Exodus 36:1)
And Yahoshua (Joshua) the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moshe had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Yisrael hearkened unto him, and did as YAH commanded Moshe. (Deuteronomy 34:9)
Here we see Joshua was filled with the spirit after Moses laid hands on him. This is very similar to accounts we see in the New Testament.
- And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) came on them; and they spake with languages, and prophesied. (Acts 19:6)
We see Paul also laid hands on people and the spirit came upon them.
- After that thou shalt come to the hill of Elohim, where is the garrison of the Plishtim: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy: And the Ruach (Spirit) of YAH will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for Elohim is with thee. (1 Samuel 10:5-7)
Here we see Saul was given the spirit to properly rule the people as King. Notice it says he was turned into another man. Keep this in mind as we look at further scriptures.
- After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:9-10)
YAH's will is to establish his Kingdom, a theocratic order here on earth as it is in heaven. He will accomplish this as he always has, by sending his holy angels, also called the "Spirit of Elohim" or "Holy Spirit" to direct the works of man's hand. Yahshua bears witness to this:
- I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John 5:30)
So do you think YAH sent Yahshua from heaven or did he send an Angel from heaven to guide Yahshua's hand in carrying out His will?
- Then he said, Therefore hear the word of YAH: I saw YAH sitting on His throne, and all the host of the heavens standing on His right and on His left. And YAH said, Who shall entice Ahab? sovereign of Yisrael to go up and fall at Ramoth Gilead? And one said this, and another said that. And a spirit came forward and stood before YAH, and said, Let me entice him. YAH said to him, In what way? (2 Chronicles 18:18-20)
We see here that YAH wants Ahab to go to Ramoth- Gilead to die. But what we want to pay attention to is the way it was accomplished, YAH sent an angel to work through his prophets. YAH's word and will was carried out by angels working through men.
- so is My Word that goes forth from My mouth it does not return to Me empty, but shall do what I please, and shall certainly accomplish what I sent it for. (Isaiah 55:11)
YAH sent his word (Through an angel) in order to entice Ahab so he would go to Ramoth Gilead and die. The word prospered in what it was sent as scripture bares witness.
- Then the sovereign of Yisrael Ahab and Yehoshaphat the sovereign of Yehudah went up to Ramoth Gilead. (2 Chronicles 18:28)
To reiterate, His word did not return void!
- And a spirit came forward and stood before YAH, and said, Let me entice him. YAH said to him, In what way? And he said, I shall go out and be a spirit of falsehood in the mouth of all his prophets. And He said, Entice him, and also prevail. Go out and do so. And now, see, YAH has put a spirit of falsehood in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and YAH has spoken evil concerning you. And Tsidqiyahu son of Kenaanah came near and smote Mikayehu on the cheek, and said, Which way did the spirit of YAH pass over from me to speak to you? (2 Chronicles 18:20-23)
The word of Elohim is Elohim Himself carried forth by angels who then become His word, His will in action and is manifested in the flesh by taking possession of man, human flesh, as in this case the prophets, thereby fulfilling the will of YAH. You should be able to better understand the following scripture now:
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim, and the Word was Elohim. He was in the beginning with Elohim. (John 1:1-2)
Lets continue by looking at the prophetic scripture pertaining to the Messiah and the spirit he shall receive.
- See, My Servant whom I uphold, My Chosen One My being has delighted in! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He brings forth right-ruling to the nations. (Isaiah 42:1)
Lets look at what Yahshua said in revelation to help paint clearer picture.
- Revelation of Yahshua Messiah, which Elohim gave Him to show His servants what has to take place with speed. And He signified it by sending His Angel (messenger) to His servant Yohanan, (Revelation 1:1)
We see here that the revelation of Yahshua was given to him by the father, but the revelation was delivered to John by and Angel - A messenger of the word. Yahshua stated he is not a spirit (an angel) and he only spoke what he was commanded by the father (John 14:24). Lets look at John 1 again:
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim, and the Word was Elohim. He was in the beginning with Elohim. All came to be through Him, and without Him not even one came to be that came to be. And the Word became flesh and pitched His tent among us, and we saw His esteem, esteem as of an only brought-forth of a father, complete in favour and truth. (John 1:1-3,14)
Look at what john says in his next epistle:
- This is the One that came by water and blood: Yahshua Messiah, not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the Truth. Because there are three who bear witness: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood. And the three are in agreement. (1 John 5:6-8)
Notice: Yahshua came by water and blood!
- But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and instantly blood and water came out. (John 19:34)
Thus far we see that the Spirit bears witness, and Yahshua who is water and blood received the spirit like we saw with Joshua, Saul, Bezaleel and Aholiab. Lets look at when Yahshua received the spirit:
- And Yohanan (John) bore witness, saying, I have seen the Spirit coming down from heaven like a dove and remain on Him. (John 1:32)
So the spirit that bears witness, remained on Him or abode upon him. The word remained is strongs# 3306 which means a dwelling place; a home, or to sojourn. So the spirit that came out of heaven resided in the messiah, made a home in his body! What did the spirit do while he resided in Yahshua's body? John said that he bared witness to the truth because the spirit that he had was truth! Simply the spirit bore witness to YAH's word, by manifesting himself in the flesh Yahshua.
- The Word that was with Elohim in the beginning was all the words of YAH, carried out through angels (Exo 3:1-8; Judges 2:1-5), and the prophecy of Yahshua the Anointed (1 Peter 19:20), given to man by the disposition of angels that served and dwelled with YAH, to carry out his will and deliver messages to man.
- who received the Torah as it was ordained by messengers, but did not watch over it. (Acts 7:53)
- Per Genesis, the Spirit - (angels), were in the beginning with YAH (Gen 1:1-2). And by being in one accord with Elohim, speaking only the Word of Elohim, and doing the will of Elohim, the Word was Elohim by being his "mighty ones"
- The Word became flesh when a Holy angel, the Spirit of YAH, descended upon the body of Yahshua, when it was time for Yahshua to fulfill the holy works of YAH.
- and the Set-apart Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven saying, You are My Son, the Beloved, in You I did delight. (Luke 3:22).
- Upon his death, Yahshua was then begotten of the Father, for he was born the son of David and did not become the Son of Elohim until AFTER his resurrection.
- concerning His Son, who came of the seed of David? according to the flesh, who was designated Son of Elohim with power, according to the Set-apart Spirit, by the resurrection from the dead: Yahshua Messiah, the Master of us, (Romans 1:3-4)
Scripture cannot be broken! When you study scripture precept upon precept you will soon see the entire picture. You must approach scripture with the understanding that YAH is not a covenant breaker and requires complete submission to His word in order for you to understand it. Many have not understood the mystery behind Yahshua and the manifestation of the spirit, because they have chosen to follow the wisdom of man. Because of this, they have deitiezed the Messiah, which breaks the first two commandments of YAH and we now have over two billion people that are lost and confused with numerous questions thinking there walking in the truth.
The scriptures have confirmed, Yahshua was prophesied to be the son of David, and that had to be so, and so he was born the son of David. The only existence of him before that time was the mere prophecy of him.
- But now Messiah has been raised from the dead, and has become the first-fruit of those having fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:20)
If we are to believe as many would say that Yahshua is part of a Trinitarian god head, should we also believe Yahshua was God, the most eternal, that died and proclaimed to be the son of himself, and then God changed himself into a new creation, not a spirit (Luke 24:39), but the first born of many brethren?? Oh Elohim Forbid!
Yahshua second member of the trinity?
- And Thomas answered and said to Him, My Master and my Elohim! (John 20:28)
This scripture is very often used to prove Yahshua's deism, since most English translations translate Elohim as God, and since Yahshua never corrected him that he was God, they hold this as their proof.
When Thomas said "My lord and my God", he simply said "My Lord" - him that is of supreme value and "My God", the one who is the head of me, having power and given authority by the most high. Neither of which would support the deism of Yahshua. He was only showing honor to the son of YAH. We can see this in other scripture also:
- and every tongue should confess that Yahshua Messiah is Master, to the esteem of Elohim the Father. (Philippines 2:11)
All the glory must go to the Father! Yes, Yahshua is our Master, our head. According to the Word of YAH, because He is in complete alliance with YAH, he can even be reverenced by the title of a Elohim (God), NOT THE MOST HIGH GOD, simply the title of "God" due to His position as it relates to the Father. But according to scripture, so can all of the sons of YAH, as Yahshua had to remind the Hebrews at the Feast of Dedication:
- Yahshua answered them, Is it not written in your own Torah, I said, You are elohim (God)? (John 10:34)
The scripture Yahshua was quoting is in the book of Psalms.
- I, I said, You are elohim, And all of you are sons of the Most High. (Psalms 82:6)
Yahshua is not the Most High Elohim. According to scripture no man has ever seen YAH, our Father. And we know scripture never speaks against itself.
- No one has ever seen Elohim. The only brought-forth Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He did declare. (John 1:18)
- Scripture cannot break by disagreeing with it self
- YAH always used a messenger (Angel) to represent Himself as YAH's word.
- Yahshua is our Brother, King and Intercessor.
- Yahshua is not YAH. For this to be true, scripture would be full of contradictions.
- YAH has instituted a hierarchy on all things and he has explained it clearly.
- And I wish you to know that the head of every man is the Messiah, and the head of woman is the man, and the head of Messiah is Elohim. (1 Corinthians 11:3)
Lets look at are next scripture.
- Therefore, go and make taught ones of all the nations, immersing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Set-apart Spirit, (Matthew 28:19)
It is said that Yahshua made this statement to prove the "three in oneness" of the Trinity. If this was meant to represent a Trinity, apparently the Apostles did not know about it. Of all of the occurrences of baptism in scripture, you will find them baptizing only in the name of Yahshua. Why is this? It is evident that when you baptize in the name of Yahshua, it is all inclusive of baptizing in the name of the Father, because Yahshua came in his Father's name.
- I have come in My Father's Name and you do not receive Me, if another comes in his own name, him you would receive. (John 5:43)
What about the Holy Spirit? We proved that the Holy Spirit is an angel. According to Yahshua, that too is inclusive of baptizing in his name, being that the Holy Spirit was sent in the name OF Yahshua:
- But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you. (John 14:26)
Again we see a hierarchy. The Father sent Yahshua, and Yahshua came in the name of the Father (John 5:43). Upon Yahshua's departure, the Father sent the Set-Apart (Holy) Spirit, who came in the name of Yahshua (John 14:26) both being in complete subjection and obedience to the Father. Didn't Yahshua state that the Father, YAH, was His Elohim, as well as ours?
- Yahshua said to her, Do not hold on to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father. But go to My brothers and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My Elohim and your Elohim. (John 20:17)
We don't find anywhere in scripture where God sent himself, and then left to return to himself.
- And Kepha said to them, Repent, and let each one of you be immersed in the Name of Yahshua Messiah for the forgiveness of sins. And you shall receive the gift of the Set-apart Spirit. (Acts 2:38)
- And when they believed Philip as he brought the Good News about the reign of Elohim and the Name of Yahshua Messiah, both men and women were immersed. (Acts 8:12)
- for He had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been immersed in the Name of the Master Yahshua. (Acts 8:16)
- And when they heard this, they were immersed in the Name of the Master Yahshua. (Acts 19:5)
- Or do you not know that as many of us as were immersed into Messiah Yahshua were immersed into His death? (Romans 6:3)
In finishing this study, I just want to prove the point that there is only one Most High Elohim and his name is YAH. Yahshua is not YAH, nor can it be proven in scripture contextually.
- There is no one set-apart like YAH, for there is no one besides You, and there is no rock like our Elohim. (1 Samuel 2:2)
Don't be deceived, believe and know that YAH is one and He demands to be served and worshiped as one. Yahshua our King is His servant and our brother, given to be an atonement for our iniquity and is to be respected and reverenced not worshiped.
- And one of the scribes coming near, hearing them reasoning together, knowing that He had answered them well, asked Him, Which is the first command of all? And Yahshua answered him, The first of all the commands is, Hear, O Yisrael, YAH our Elohim, YAH is one. (Mark 12:28-29)
It is an undeniable fact of scripture that YAH, the father of Yahshua, is the only Most High Elohim of all the earth and of Israel. Yahweh is not plural and his son Yahshua is not part of a "God head".
Yahshua and the children of Israel are called "elohim" in scripture as well. However, they are not the most High Elohim. They are elohim because they were mighty ones among the people. But there is only one true Elohim (Most high almighty one) and that is YAH.
I think when reflecting on the results of this study it is important to realize by making Yahshua or Jesus "God" on equal par with YAH you are breaking the commandments of YAH.
- I am YAH your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, out of the house of slavery. You have no other mighty ones against My face. You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth, you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, YAH? your Elohim am a jealous El, visiting the crookedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, (Exodus 20:2-5)
Notice in the commandments that if we have any other mighty ones or bow down an serve another we are in violation to the first two commandments. This is exactly what we are doing when we pray, worship or bow to Jesus. Scripture is very clear that we always pray and worship the father YAH. We approach Him though our mediator and high priest Yahshua, but the high priest is not in receipt of the praise or prayer.
By making Jesus a God we have created a false God after are own making, no different than Zeus, Baal, or Diana.
- For there shall be a time when they shall not bear sound teaching, but according to their own desires, they shall heap up for themselves teachers tickling the ear, and they shall indeed turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens. “Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’ “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23)
Listed below are a series of scriptures warning of false teachings and false prophets in our midst. I would ask you to just read them through.
Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart.
For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great miraculous signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even Elohim's chosen ones.
Even some of you will distort the truth in order to draw a following.
Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
After all, you, who think you are so wise, enjoy listening to fools! You put up with it when they make you their slaves, take everything you have, take advantage of you, put on airs, and slap you in the face.
These people are false apostles. They have fooled you by disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder his servants can also do it by pretending to be godly ministers. In the end they will get every bit of punishment their wicked deeds deserve.
Filed under: The Man Yahshua