In this study we will examine the scriptures to see if Yahshua (AKA Jesus) was just a man called to be a prophet or as many believe, god made flesh. The main objective of our analysis will be to answer the following questions.
- What is the Davidic covenant?
- What was the prophecy of the coming savior?
- Was Yahshua just a man?
- Did Yahshua exist in heaven before coming to earth?
- Where did the seed for Yahshua come from?
- Who was the branch mentioned in prophecy?
- Who was referred to as the Word?
- Should we be worshipping Yahshua?
- What was YAH's original plan for mankind?
- What is the grace we have been given?
- What is the root mentioned in prophecy?
- When did Yahshua become the Anointed?
For hundreds of years Christianity has taught that Yahshua existed in the beginning with the Father. In some doctrines he is classified as the father and in others god the father, god the son, and god the holy spirit, part of a holy trinity. Nazarenes which were the first followers of the Anointed believed that Yahshua was a man born of a woman from the semen of king David who was anointed to redeem Yisrael to Elohim by his righteousness and blood. We will examine if the Nazarenes theological perspective is correct, and if it holds true to the will of the Father or did Yahshua pre-exist in the beginning, ruling on the throne with the father, YAH, as many religious leaders teach.
- It happened, when the king lived in his house, and YAH had given him rest from all his enemies round about, that the king said to Natan the prophet, See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of Elohim dwells within curtains. Natan said to the king, Go, do all that is in your heart; for YAH is with you. (2 Samuel 7:1-3 RNEB)
David wanted to build a house for YAH and Natan told him to go do it, however it's not what David or Natan wants, it's what YAH wants that is important. Just because something sounds good and noble does not mean Elohim views it the same way. The quicker we realize we have to submit ourselves to the word of Elohim, his commandments, ordinances, and precepts the better things will be for us.
- It happened the same night, that the word of YAH came to Natan, saying, Go and tell my servant David, Thus says YAH, Shall you build me a house for me to dwell in? for I have not lived in a house since the day that I brought up the children of Yisra'el out of Egypt, even to this day, but have moved around in a tent and in a tabernacle. In all places in which I have walked with all the children of Yisra'el, spoke I a word with any of the tribes of Yisra'el, whom I commanded to be shepherd of my people Yisra'el, saying, Why have you not built me a house of cedar? Now therefore thus shall you tell my servant David, Thus says YAH of Armies, I took you from the sheep pen, from following the sheep, that you should be prince over my people, over Yisra'el; and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make you a great name, like the name of the great ones who are in the earth. I will appoint a place for my people Yisra'el, and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place, and be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as at the first, and [as] from the day that I commanded judges to be over my people Yisra'el; and I will cause you to rest from all your enemies. Moreover YAH tells you that YAH will make you a house. WHEN YOUR DAYS ARE FULFILLED, AND YOU SHALL SLEEP WITH YOUR FATHERS, I WILL SET UP YOUR SEED AFTER YOU, WHO SHALL PROCEED OUT OF YOUR BOWELS, AND I WILL ESTABLISH HIS KINGDOM. HE SHALL BUILD A HOUSE FOR MY NAME, AND I WILL ESTABLISH THE THRONE OF HIS KINGDOM FOREVER. (2 Samuel 7:4-13 RNEB)
The last part of this is a covenant, a promise to David, YAH said he will raise up his seed (a child) and it will come directly from his inward parts, and he will establish a kingdom for him that will last forever.
Elohim established a law at creation that specified a seed can only produce after its own kind, human beings don't produce spirits, and their seed won't grow in a human, there not compatible. Consequently, a man can only have a child with a woman after his seed is placed in her.
Scripture clearly tells us a man would be raised as a savior, there is nothing about a pre-incarnate god man in scripture, this man that was prophesied would come directly from the seed of David, not his lineage, and this child would be the redeemer by becoming the perfect sacrifice. There may be statements in the scriptures when taken out of context that suggests Yahshua lived in heaven before coming to earth, however when looked at in context with a proper understanding it's impossible to derive such a theology.
- I will be his father, and he shall be my son: IF HE COMMIT LAWLESSNESS, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men; (2 Samuel 7:14 RNEB)
Elohim already had a contingency plan if the child promised to proceed from David's bowls should commit iniquity, this was hundreds of years before his birth.
- but my loving kindness shall not depart from him, as I took it from Sha'ul, whom I put away before you. Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before you: your throne shall be established forever. (2 Samuel 7:15-16 RNEB)
- I will appoint a place for my people Yisra'el, and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place, and be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the first, (1 Chronicles 17:9 RNEB)
The reason this verse is so important is because supposedly they had already entered the land of rest, Yisrael. Even so, this is saying they would be moved by inference, since he's promising a place that they will not be moved from, and the children of wickedness would no longer oppress them, but there currently not being oppressed. In other words, we have YAH saying the children of Yisrael would be dispersed, and then at some point in the future they would be brought back and planted in the land of Yisrael.
Were talking about the Davidic covenant and the nuances associated with it that most religious leaders don't deal with.
- and [as] from the day that I commanded judges to be over my people Yisra'el; and I will subdue all your enemies. Moreover I tell you that YAH will build you a house. It shall happen, when your days are fulfilled that you must go to be with your fathers, that I WILL SET UP YOUR SEED AFTER YOU, WHO SHALL BE OF YOUR SONS; AND I WILL ESTABLISH HIS KINGDOM. (1 Chronicles 17:10-11 RNEB)
We have already read that a king would come from David's bowls whose kingdom would be everlasting, now were told this child will be raised after him, not before him, so how would it have been possible for Yahshua to exist anywhere before David? It's impossible, the prophecy was for a human child, not an angelic or spirit being. Remember humans can only produce other humans.
- He shall build me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. (1 Chronicles 17:12 RNEB)
Notice it says "his" throne forever, which does away with the common argument that this is talking about David's seed line, remember all David's other children lost their throne. Only one of David's children's throne will be forever, and it's not through his lineage since the seed comes from his bowls directly.
- I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my loving kindness away from him, as I took it from him that was before you; but I will settle him in my house and in my kingdom forever; and HIS THRONE SHALL BE ESTABLISHED FOREVER. According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Natan speak to David. (1 Chronicles 17:13-15 RNEB)
At this point we have seen Elohim give the covenant, now lets look at more scripture covering the same covenant years later. The idea that Yahshua came from heaven would break the Davidic covenant because the promise was for a child from David's bowls. If a theology disagrees somehow with scripture, the theology is wrong not the word of Elohim.
- I will sing of the loving kindness of YAH forever. With my mouth, I will make known your faithfulness to all generations. I indeed declare, "Love stands firm forever. You established the heavens. Your faithfulness is in them." "I HAVE MADE A COVENANT WITH MY CHOSEN ONE, I HAVE SWORN TO DAVID, MY SERVANT, 'I WILL ESTABLISH YOUR SEED FOREVER, AND BUILD UP YOUR THRONE TO ALL GENERATIONS.'" Selah. (Psalms 89:1-4 RNEB)
Seed - in Hebrew is zera, meaning, children, offspring, semen virile, posterity, and descendant.
This was written by David reconfirming the promise YAH gave to him.
- I have found David, my servant. I have anointed him with my holy oil, with whom my hand shall be established. My arm will also strengthen him. No enemy will tax him. No wicked man will oppress him. I will beat down his adversaries before him, and strike those who hate him. But my faithfulness and my loving kindness will be with him. IN MY NAME, HIS HORN WILL BE EXALTED. I will set his hand also on the sea, and his right hand on the rivers. He will call to me, 'You are my Father, my Elohim, and the rock of my salvation!' I will also appoint him my firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth. I will keep my loving kindness for him forevermore. My covenant will stand firm with him. I will also make his seed endure forever, and his throne as the days of heaven. (Psalms 89:20-29 RNEB)
His horn in this verse refers to a descendant, it means his power, glory, and estate.
- If his children forsake my law, and don't walk in my ordinances; if they break my statutes, and don't keep my commandments; then I will punish their sin with the rod, and their lawlessness with stripes. But I will not completely take my loving kindness from him, nor allow my faithfulness to fail. I will not break my covenant, nor alter what my lips have uttered. Once have I sworn by my holiness, I will not lie to David. His seed will endure forever, his throne like the sun before me. It will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky." Selah. (Psalms 89:30-37 RNEB)
The Davidic covenant has been spoken about again in this verse. We are going to look at many scriptures to clarify that YAH's covenant with David was referencing one child from his own bowls, and not someone from his lineage. When we try to develop and understanding from just a few scriptures it's very easy to fall into error because we are not seeing the entire picture presented throughout scripture.
- YAH, remember David and all his affliction, how he swore to YAH, and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob: "Surely I will not come into the structure of my house, nor go up into my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids; until I find out a place for YAH, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob." Behold, we heard of it in Efratah. We found it in the field of Ya`ar: "We will go into his dwelling place. We will worship at his footstool. Arise, YAH, into your resting place; you, and the ark of your strength. Let your Priest be clothed with righteousness. Let your holy ones shout for joy!" For your servant David's sake, ton't turn away the face of your anointed one. YAH HAS SWORN TO DAVID IN TRUTH. HE WILL NOT TURN FROM IT: "I WILL SET THE FRUIT OF YOUR BODY ON YOUR THRONE. (Psalms 132:1-11 RNEB)
YAH swore that it would be the fruit of David's body that would sit on the throne. It's important we understand that YAH has always used representatives that work on his behalf. He has never left the throne room in heaven, anytime we have reference to him acting on the earth it was an Angel coming in his behalf and speaking his words. Yahshua is another representative of YAH working in his behalf, just as the prophets of old. Until this world is completely cleansed of all iniquity YAH will not physically come to the earth, this will occur at the end of the millennial reign after the final judgment. For a more detailed understanding on these subjects see the study series on the Divine Order and The Coming Theocratic Age.
- Hear now, Yahoshua the High Priest, you and your fellows who sit before you; for they are men who are a sign: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant, the Branch. (Zechariah 3:8 RNEB)
The Branch refers to Yahshua.
- The word of YAH came to me, saying, "Take of them of the captivity, even of Cheldai, of Toviyah, and of Yedayah; and come the same day, and go into the house of Yoshiyahu the son of Tzefanyah, where they have come from Babel. Yes, take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them on the head of Yahoshua the son of Yehotzadak, the High Priest; (Zechariah 6:9-11 RNEB)
Yahoshua is being symbolized as a priestly king. There has never been a priestly king in Yisrael from the time the Levitical order was established. In prophecy we have a symbol of a king that is also a priest coming on the scene, who in the beginning (Zechariah 3:8) was identified as the branch. We started this study with the Davidic covenant, understanding that it's driving everything we have seen, even during this time period and the very last days.
- and speak to him, saying, 'Thus says YAH of Armies, "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of YAH; (Zechariah 6:12 RNEB 519 BC)
At this point it has been 423 years since the covenant was made with David, and the language that was used in that covenant was, "he's going to build me house, he will sit on your throne, and there will be no end to his kingdom". Now this is reiterated in Zechariah six, and it's being spoken to Yisrael as they come out of Babylonian captivity, reassuring them that they will have a king. So, at this point in prophecy Yahshua is called the branch, he will have a throne, and be wearing a Mitra which represents the priesthood.
- even he shall build the temple of YAH; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule on his throne; and he shall be a Priest on his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. The crowns shall be to Chelem, and to Toviyah, and to Yedayah, and to Chen the son of Tzefanyah, for a memorial in the temple of YAH. Those who are far off shall come and build in the temple of YAH; and you shall know that YAH of Armies has sent me to you. This will happen, if you will diligently obey the voice of YAH your Elohim."'" (Zechariah 6:13-15 RNEB)
This didn't come to pass in their generation, lets look at more on the Branch.
- Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! says YAH. Therefore thus says YAH, the Elohim of Yisra'el, against the shepherds who feed my people: You have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them; behold, I will visit on you the evil of your doings, says YAH. I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will set up shepherds over them, who shall feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be lacking, says YAH. (Jeremiah 23:1-4 RNEB)
YAH chooses and sets up his own teachers, man cannot chose his own, for a detailed understanding on this subject see the study called Moreiyah, Teachers of YAH.
- Behold, the days come, says YAH, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the earth. (Jeremiah 23:5 RNEB)
He shall raise for David a Branch, we read this in Zechariah 3:8 and 6:9. Remember it says he will reign on his throne and there will be no end to his kingdom. His kingdom is not restricted to Yisrael but his justice and righteous will be throughout the earth.
- In his days Judah shall be saved, and Yisra'el shall dwell safely; and this is his name by which he shall be called: YAH our righteousness. Therefore, behold, the days come, says YAH, that they shall no more say, As YAH lives, who brought up the children of Yisra'el out of the land of Egypt; but, As YAH lives, who brought up and who led the seed of the house of Yisra'el out of the north country, and from all the countries where I had driven them. They shall dwell in their own land. (Jeremiah 23:6-8 RNEB)
We know this is a prophetic passage because Yisrael has not dwelt safely in their land since before the time of this writing and doesn't today. This is a coming future event.
- Behold, the days come, says YAH, that I will perform that good word which I have spoken concerning the house of Yisra'el and concerning the house of Judah. IN THOSE DAYS, AND AT THAT TIME, WILL I CAUSE A BRANCH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS TO GROW UP TO DAVID; and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. (Jeremiah 33:14-15 RNEB)
He shall cause a Branch of righteousness to spring forth, to grow up for David. Remember, the branch represents Yahshua.
- In those days shall Judah be saved, and Yerushalayim shall dwell safely; and this is [the name] by which she shall be called: YAH our righteousness. For thus says YAH: David shall never want a man to sit on the throne of the house of Yisra'el; neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to burn meal offerings, and to do sacrifice continually. The word of YAH came to Yirmeyahu, saying, Thus says YAH: If you can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, so that there shall not be day and night in their season; then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers. As the army of the sky can't be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured; so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites who minister to me. The word of YAH came to Yirmeyahu, saying, Don't you consider what this people has spoken, saying, The two families which YAH did choose, he has cast them off? thus do they despise my people, that they should be no more a nation before them. Thus says YAH: If my covenant of day and night fails, if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; then will I also cast away the seed of Jacob, and of David my servant, so that I will not take of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and will have mercy on them. (Jeremiah 33:16-26 RNEB)
Lets look at verse seventeen and eighteen in the Tanakh for clarity.
- For thus said YAH: There shall never be an end to men of David's line who sit upon the throne of the House of Israel. Nor shall there ever be an end to the line of the levitical priests before Me, of those who present burnt offerings and turn the meal offering to smoke and perform sacrifices. (Jeremiah 33:17-18 Tanakh)
This is clarifying that there will never be and end to the Davidic rule or the Levitical priesthood.
- Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and will call his name 'Yahshua.' He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. YAH Elohim will give him the throne of HIS FATHER, DAVID, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end to his Kingdom." (Luke 1:31-33 RNEB)
Didn't we see the same language in the Davidic covenant? "Who shall proceed out of your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever."
The people who represented YAH were always called the word, Moshe was the word in his day, the prophets were the word, and Yahshua in these last days will be the word. Lets look at this quickly.
- Elohim, HAVING IN THE PAST SPOKEN TO THE FATHERS THROUGH THE PROPHETS AT MANY TIMES AND IN VARIOUS WAYS, HAS AT THE END OF THESE DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the ages. (Hebrews 1:1-2 RNEB)
Elohim not only used Yahshua to voice his word, but he also used the prophets of antiquity. Elohim always used a man to speak his word to the people.
- He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. YAH Elohim will give him the throne of his father, David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end to his Kingdom." (Luke 1:32-33 RNEB)
Just to reiterate this verse is confirming the Davidic covenant, and it uses the same language. We have also seen this language in:
- 2 Sam 7:1-16
- 1 Chronicles 17:1-15
- Psalms 89:1-4
- Psalms 89:20-37
- Psalms 132:11
- Zec 6:9-15
The seed fulfilling this covenant has to be one that came from David, this can't be an entity that came from heaven.
- "Brothers, I may tell you freely of the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that ELOHIM HAD SWORN WITH AN OATH TO HIM THAT OF THE FRUIT OF HIS BODY, ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, HE WOULD RAISE UP THE ANOINTED TO SIT ON HIS THRONE, (Acts 2:29-30 RNEB)
This verse takes what we read about the Davidic covenant in the books of the prophets and applies it to Yahshua, re-emphasizing that he came as the fruit of David's body according to the flesh. We just read about when the angel Gavriel announced the birth of Yahshua and quoted the Davidic covenant saying "that this child that you have in your belly whose name will be Yahshua will sit on his fathers throne David and there will be no end to his kingdom."
- he foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Anointed, that neither was his soul left in the grave, nor did his flesh see decay. (Acts 2:31 RNEB)
We have been following the Branch through the books of the prophets, as we get more into the new testament we will see that "branch" is another way of saying root.
- When he had removed him, he raised up David to be their king, to whom he also testified, 'I have found David the son of Yishai, a man after my heart, who will do all my will.' FROM THIS MAN'S SEED, ELOHIM HAS BROUGHT SALVATION TO YISRA'EL ACCORDING TO HIS PROMISE, (Acts 13:22-23 RNEB)
Shaul is telling us the Davidic covenant is applicable to Yahshua, and that he was the very seed of David, one of his direct sons.
- Now on the last day of the feast, Hoshana Rabbah, Yahshua stood and cried out, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water." But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Yahshua wasn't yet glorified. Many of the multitude therefore, when they heard these words, said, "This is truly the prophet." Others said, "This is the Anointed." But some said, "What, does the Anointed come out of the Galil? Hasn't the Scripture said that THE ANOINTED COMES OF THE SEED OF DAVID, and from Beit-Lechem, the village where David was?" (John 7:37-42 RNEB)
One of the things we need to realize is that were asked to believe in Yahshua in many places, however nowhere are we told to worship him, the father is the only one deserving of worship. Today many of the songs in Christiandom are directly worshiping Yahshua [A.K.A. Jesus] and the father, YAH receives no praise, this is idolatry.
We can see that the Hebrews were aware that Yahshua would come from the seed of David, they were not looking for a god man, which is the prevalent teaching today, but a man from the seed of David.
- Sha'ul, a servant of Yahshua the Anointed, called to be an emissary, set apart for the Good News of Elohim, which he promised before through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning his Son, WHO WAS BORN OF THE SEED OF DAVID ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, who was declared to be the Son of Elohim with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead, Yahshua the Anointed our Master, (Romans 1:1-4 RNEB)
This again affirms that Yahshua came from the seed of David in the flesh, not by linage. He became the son of Elohim with power at his resurrection, before his resurrection, he was the son of David.
- For to us a child is born. To us a son is given; and the government will be on his shoulders. His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty Elohim, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6 RNEB)
Yahshua is called an elohim with power and authority, not the almighty Elohim. We know that within the Hebraic culture those with power and authority are called elohim. Yahshua would be unique because his authority and power would not be restricted to a state, or nation, his rule will be over the entire earth.
We have taken an extensive look at the Davidic covenant because Yahshua's fulfillment of prophecy rests on this. David was promised a king that would come from the seed of his flesh and reign on his throne forever in righteousness, which means he will execute righteous judgment and be the ambassador on the earth representing YAH. Now we will take a deeper look into the father of eternity, which many use to say Yahshua is the everlasting father. However, this only means YAH is bringing eternal life through Yahshua to fulfill his promise to David.
- I will ransom them from the power of grave. I will redeem them from death! Death, where are your plagues? grave, where is your destruction? "Compassion will be hidden from my eyes. (Hosea 13:14 RNEB)
Elohim will bring them back from death. In Isaiah 9:6 it said Yahshua would be called the father of eternity. Father means to be the source or originator of, Yahshua was the source or means to eternal life for this age.
- Therefore, as sin entered into the world through one man, and death through sin; and so death passed to all men, because all sinned. For until the law, sin was in the world; but sin is not charged when there is no law. (Romans 5:12-13 RNEB)
If there is no law, then there is no sin, where there is no sin there is no death, yet people are still dying today, so there must still be law.
- Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moshe, even over those whose sins weren't like Adam's disobedience, who is a foreshadowing of him who was to come. But the free gift isn't like the trespass. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, much more did the grace of Elohim, and the gift by the grace of the one man, Yahshua the Anointed, abound to the many. The gift is not as through one who sinned: for the judgment came by one to condemnation, but the free gift came of many trespasses to justification. For if by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; so much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, Yahshua the Anointed. So then as through one trespass, all men were condemned; even so through one act of righteousness, all men were justified to life. (Romans 5:14-18 RNEB)
One man brought us into death, the other redeems us from death. One mans disobedience resulted in condemnation to all mankind, and the others righteousness to obedience gives many the opportunity for eternal life. Through Yahshua, by Yahshua, the father of eternity.
- For as through the one man's disobedience many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the one, many will be made righteous. The law came in besides, that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace abounded more exceedingly; that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Yahshua the Anointed our Master. (Romans 5:19-21 RNEB)
Sin brought death to everyone, but the grace given through Yahshua the Anointed brings eternal life. Yahshua is the doorway to eternity that overcomes sin. It's important we understand that all these scriptures are talking about a man redeemer, not some type of spirit or angelic being becoming human to be a sacrifice. A man brought us into sin and according to the law it was only a man that could bring us out of sin. When Christendom talks about a pre-incarnate Yahshua they are presenting an impossibility according to scripture.
- FOR SINCE DEATH CAME BY MAN, THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD ALSO CAME BY MAN. For as in Adam all die, so also in the Anointed all will be made alive. But each in his own order: the Anointed the first fruits, then those who are the Anointed's, at his coming. (1 Corinthians 15:21-23 RNEB)
Through the man Adam all died, through the man Yahshua eternal life is available.
- Yahshua said to them, "The children of this age marry, and are given in marriage. But those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage. For they can't die any more, for they are like the angels, and are children of Elohim, being children of the resurrection. But that the dead are raised, even Moshe showed at the bush, when he called YAH 'The Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob.' NOW HE IS NOT THE ELOHIM OF THE DEAD, BUT OF THE LIVING, FOR ALL ARE ALIVE TO HIM." (Luke 20:34-38 RNEB)
YAH's plan was to create Adam as an immortal, however as a result of his disobedience, he became mortal. As a result, YAH immediately set out to bring a redeemer that would again open the door for mankind to make it into eternity and not die. Yahshua was this redeemer and that's why all the scripture centered around him deals with eternal life.
- What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? May it never be! We who died to sin, how could we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all we who were purified into the Anointed Yahshua were purified into his death? WE WERE BURIED THEREFORE WITH HIM THROUGH IMMERSION TO DEATH, that just like the Anointed was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will also be part of his resurrection; knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be in bondage to sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. But if we died with the Anointed, we believe that we will also live with him; knowing that the Anointed, being raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no more has dominion over him! For the death that he died, he died to sin one time; but the life that he lives, he lives to Elohim. Thus also consider yourselves also to be dead to sin, but alive to Elohim in the Anointed Yahshua our Master. Therefore don't let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Neither present your members to sin as instruments of unrighteousness, but present yourselves to Elohim, as alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to Elohim. For sin will not have dominion over you. For you are not under law, but under grace. What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace? May it never be! (Romans 6:1-15 RNEB)
The grace that we have received is Yahshua being the propitiation for our sins, this by no means releases us from the laws of the covenant that we entered at our purification, it just freed us from the specific ordinances centered around animal sacrifice. For a better understanding of purification see the studies on the Blood Passage.
- Don't you know that to whom you present yourselves as servants to obedience, his servants you are whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or OF OBEDIENCE TO RIGHTEOUSNESS? (Romans 6:16 RNEB)
We have to present ourselves servants of obedience to righteousness, however if we need to be obedient, then there must be laws or guidelines, so we know what we can and can't do. If we obey these rules or guidelines were walking in righteousness, if we choose not to, it's sin unto death. Therefore, I believe we can all agree it's important to understand that we must be obedient to the statutes of the covenant, thankfully for us, YAH has set down clear instructions in the first five books of the bible on what were required to do under the covenant we enter at our purification [Baptism in the name of Yahshua].
- But thanks be to Elohim, that, whereas you were bondservants of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto you were delivered. Being made free from sin, you became bondservants of righteousness. I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh, for as you presented your members as servants to uncleanness and to wickedness upon wickedness, even so now present your members as servants to righteousness for sanctification. For when you were servants of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. What fruit then did you have at that time in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now, being made free from sin, and having become servants of Elohim, you have your fruit of sanctification, and the result of eternal life. (Romans 6:17-22 RNEB)
We should be able to see at this point how many times Shaul and the other apostles associated everlasting life and eternity with Yahshua, which should provide a much better understanding of why he was referred to in Isaiah 9:6 as the father of eternity. This scripture was never meant to portray a man as the heavenly father, it was just associating a man with one of the principle mandates, he had as redeemer, to provide a way to everlasting life, eternity with the father.
- I will surely require your blood of your lives. At the hand of every animal I will require it. At the hand of man, even at the hand of every man's brother, I will require the life of man. Whoever sheds man's blood, his blood will be shed by man, for Elohim made man in his own image. (Genesis 9:5-6 RNEB)
This was on account of sin, this is the law declaring there must be a sacrifice for lawlessness. There were two things that needed to occur, the first is the blood of an animal had to be shed for sin, and it also had to be done by someone who was appointed to do it.
- Who has believed our message? and to whom has the arm of YAH been revealed? For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he has no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised, and rejected by men; a man of suffering, and acquainted with disease: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we didn't respect him. Surely he has borne our sickness, and carried our suffering; yet we considered him plagued, struck by Elohim, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought our peace was on him; and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:1-5 RNEB)
This is the same scripture that the Hebrew Ethiopian eunuch was reading in the new testament when Philip came along and ask him if he understood what he was reading, the Eunuch replied, "how could I unless someone explains it?" Philip explained to him that this scripture was dealing with Yahshua who had just been crucified, ascended into heaven, and had become our propitiator and intercessor. The Eunuch pointed out the water and asked if there was any hindrances to him being purified [baptized], Philip responded if you believe in Yahshua and what he did, you may, so they went in the water and he was baptized.
This prophecy is concerning Yahshua as our sacrifice, this is the grace we have been given.
- All we like sheep have gone astray; everyone has turned to his own way; and YAH has laid on him the lawlessness of us all. He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he didn't open his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is mute, so he didn't open his mouth. By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who [among them] considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living for the disobedience of my people to whom the stroke [was due]? They made his grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in his death; although he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. YET IT PLEASED YAH TO BRUISE HIM; HE HAS PUT HIM TO GRIEF: WHEN YOU SHALL MAKE HIS SOUL AN OFFERING FOR SIN, HE SHALL SEE [HIS] SEED, HE SHALL PROLONG HIS DAYS, AND THE PLEASURE OF YAH SHALL PROSPER IN HIS HAND. He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by the knowledge of himself shall my righteous servant justify many; and he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul to death, and was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. (Isaiah 53:6-12 RNEB)
- But if any harm follows, then you must take life for life, (Exodus 21:23 RNEB)
Adams act of iniquity was harm.
- eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, and bruise for bruise. (Exodus 21:24-25 RNEB)
This is law, if a man caused the situation it will take a man to redeem us from it, life for life. Yahshua's life for Adam's iniquity.
- "'He who strikes any man mortally shall surely be put to death. He who strikes a animal mortally shall make it good, life for life. If anyone injures his neighbor; as he has done, so shall it be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; as he has injured someone, so shall it be done to him. (Leviticus 24:17-20 RNEB)
- Your eyes shall not pity; life [shall go] for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. (Deuteronomy 19:21 RNEB)
Again we see the law of life for life, so if a man caused the situation it will take a man to redeem us from it.
- YAH Elohim formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7 RNEB)
- but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it; for in the day that you eat of it you will surely die." (Genesis 2:17 RNEB)
- So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (1 Corinthians 15:45 RNEB)
Yahshua was the last Adam, the last man. He prophetically was the father of eternity or life, because through his sacrifice, he gave us the ability to get back what Adam lost.
- However that which is spiritual isn't first, but that which is natural, then that which is spiritual. (1 Corinthians 15:46 RNEB)
Yahshua became spiritual after his resurrection, this simply means he received his celestial body, still made of flesh and bone, but blood and water was no longer needed, it was a new creation, one never before seen. This body can only be received after death and at the resurrection. We become the sons of Elohim by being the sons of the resurrection, just as Yahshua was the first begotten and became a son of Elohim at his resurrection.
- But which of the angels has he told at any time, "Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet?" (Hebrews 1:13 RNEB)
This is something that was never said to any angelic or celestial entity. This was a prophecy that was made to Man, flesh and blood. There is no way we can say a celestial being is sitting on David's throne, it had to be a man born of woman on the earth, man sits on mans throne.
- One of the elders said to me, "Don't weep. Behold, the Lion who is of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome; he who opens the book and its seven seals." (Revelation 5:5 RNEB)
The root simply means seed, offspring or branch.
- I, Yahshua, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David; the Bright and Morning Star." (Revelation 22:16 RNEB)
Yahshua himself is saying he's the seed and offspring of David, were in the last book, and he is reaffirming everything we reviewed in this study.
- A shoot will come out of the stock of Yishai, and a branch out of his roots will bear fruit. The Spirit of YAH will rest on him: the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of YAH. (Isaiah 11:1-2 RNEB)
If Yahshua came out of heaven, why would he have the spirit of YAH put on him?
What we should find interesting is that it was after Yahshua's purification and receiving of the Spirit that the people he knew wondered how he could be so well versed in the law and speak with wisdom and authority. Why was this such a surprise to them unless a major change occurred after his purification and the receiving of the Spirit? Surely, if Yahshua was a walking deity he would have been able to exercise this knowledge and understanding of scripture through his entire life. It's simple, the scripture says YAH would put the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of YAH upon him, which occurred when the holy spirit came in him, from that point on, he was like a new man, not speaking anything of himself.
- His delight will be in the fear of YAH. He will not judge by the sight of his eyes, neither decide by the hearing of his ears; but with righteousness he will judge the poor, and decide with equity for the humble of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his lips he will kill the wicked. Righteousness will be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the sash around his hips. The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat; The calf, the young lion, and the fattened calf together; and a little child will lead them. The cow and the bear will graze. Their young ones will lie down together. The lion will eat straw like the ox. (Isaiah 11:3-7 RNEB)
We are not in this time period yet, this is still to come.
We have read a lot about the branch throughout the prophets, now were still dealing with the branch here, however now the spirit will come on him to achieve YAH's plan of redemption for his people.
- For the Torah, having a shadow of the good to come, not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near. Or else wouldn't they have ceased to be offered, because the worshippers, having been once cleansed, would have had no more consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is yearly reminder of sins. For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins. Therefore when he comes into the world, he says, "SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU DIDN'T DESIRE, BUT YOU PREPARED A BODY FOR ME; (Hebrews 10:1-5 RNEB)
Lets see who the body was prepared for.
- Yahshua, when he was purified, went up directly from the water: and behold, the heavens were opened to him. HE SAW THE SPIRIT OF ELOHIM DESCENDING AS A DOVE, AND COMING ON HIM. (Matthew 3:16 RNEB)
- Yochanan testified, saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending like a dove out of heaven, and it remained on him. (John 1:32 RNEB)
This spirit took residence in Yahshua. So, the body was being prepared for the Spirit of Elohim, which was washed of all iniquities through purification. This body was used by the spirit during Yahshua's ministry and finally as the perfect sacrifice to replace the animal sacrifices.
- This is he who came by water and blood, Yahshua the Anointed; not with the water only, but with the water and the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. (1 John 5:6 RNEB)
Yahshua came by water and blood, celestial being don't have water and blood. Semen that is used to pass the seed to the female is comprised of two main components, water and blood. All through the scripture were told the seed came from David, a man, and was put inside Miriam, the result was Yahshua son of David, who became the son of Elohim at his resurrection. Moreover, notice this scripture says it is the spirit that bears witness, which he received at his purification and that spirit is the truth. What many don't realize is this holy spirit speaking through Yahshua was the one saying things like father give me the glory that you gave me when I was by your side in heaven," this was referring to the spirit when he was in heaven, not Yahshua. This is a complex topic which is outside the scope of this study, for an exhaustive look at the ministry of spirits see the study series on the Divine order.
Filed under: The Man Yahshua